Call for proposal. Feasibility study to mark the 200th Anniversary of the world’s first inter-city passenger railway between Liverpool and Manchester.
Manchester Histories is working alongside a new partnership that aims to deliver a cultural programme to mark the 200th Anniversary of the world’s first inter-city passenger railway between Liverpool and Manchester. The programme of events will also commemorate globally significant events in railway history.
The partnership is seeking a consultant/s to support a feasibility study to identify the key components of the 200th Anniversary. This will include the development of strategic management and operational structure that will:
- Deliver an ambitious events programme and activities in the run-up, during and after 2030
- Profile the ROCKET 2030 across the UK and beyond
- Generate significant visitors and economic impact
- Bring communities together, raising engagement and participation
- Ensure a legacy of the work
The full brief for the work can be found here: ROCKET 2030 – Consultation Brief
Process of application:
Timeline: Submissions by Monday 31st May 2022. 12 noon. Appointment by 30th June 2022. Draft for consultation 31st September 2022. A final document by 31st November 2022.
Application: Submissions should be on a PDF of no more than 10 A4 pages. This should be sent by email to email@example.com
If the file size exceeds 5Mb please send via WeTransfer
Please send your proposal outlining:
- Methodology including the proposed data and analysis needed to fulfil the brief
- Short Curriculum Vitae of those involved
- Examples demonstrating where you have undertaken similar commissions
- Proposed Delivery Schedule
- How you will communicate key milestones and progress to the partners
- Your approach to equality, diversity and inclusion
Budget: Rates and prices shall be deemed inclusive of all additional expenses howsoever incurred. It is envisaged that the work will take a total of 35 working days to undertake and a maximum budget of £21,000 inclusive of VAT.
Access: Please let us know if you need any extra support with the application process, you can submit your expression of interest as a film, reading, or any other format to get your proposal across. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Outcome: The research should be provided within a written report which should feature:
- An executive summary
- Presentation of the research findings and key data including the use of graphs and tables as appropriate
- Concluding comments and recommendations highlighting where the framework strategy should be focused and where there might be a case for any further research
- Detailed appendices featuring the evidence collated
- A methodology for the ongoing work and evaluation
We look forward to receiving your proposal.
Banner Image: Courtesy of Science Museum Group Collection © The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum. Travelling on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, 1831″. print. coloured.